Annual membership dues are $50
(Click here to join)
- Giving back to the community
- Enhance your network
- Professional development
- Leadership opportunities
- Take charge of your career
- Reduced event registration fees
- Members-only newsletter
- Member of the Month
- LinkedIn recommendations for great work on projects
- YP business owners have logo and information in Member Business Directory
- Bronze level and above member businesses highlighted on blog
- National network of young professionals
- Connections to job prospects in other cities
- Discounted registration fees for conferences:
- Legislative Policy Conference
- National Urban League Conference
- Whitney M. Young Leadership Conference (leaders)
- Access to the Emerging Leaders Program
- National Urban League Discount Program (PerkSpot)
- Opportunity to serve as a national officer or on a national committee
Community Outreach & Advocacy Committee
Focuses on empowering communities and changing lives through planning and coordinating philanthropic activities for the chapter and the affiliate that eliminate disparities in our area while building camaraderie amongst members.
Professional Development Committee
Creates mechanisms for members and guests to share, learn and exchange ideas on topics such as finances, politics, entrepreneurship, career enhancement skills, and both physical and mental health to stimulating professional and personal growth.
Fund Development Committee
Oversees and coordinates the organization’s overall fund development plan and any ongoing fund development efforts. Works with the executive board to establish a strategic plan that incorporates the organization’s specific financial goals and objectives.
Responsible for membership retention and recruitment, maintaining a membership roster and the dissemination of membership information. Responsible for soliciting corporate memberships working in conjunction with the Fund Development committee. Identifies and develops potential membership rewards. Tracks attendance for ULGNOYP events.
Public Relations Committee
Develops communication strategies which promote the mission and initiatives of Urban League of Greater New Orleans and its young professionals’ auxiliary. Tells YP’s story in a way that is exciting, interesting and motivates others to join the movement
Social & Cultural Committee
Implements and organizes events that enhance cultural awareness. Organizes events that acquaint the membership with the city’s distinct culture.